Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Posts I should have posted ages ago:

Update from 9/23:

They checked the tumor again before I started chemotherapy and it looks like it shrunk again. They increased the amount of chemotherapy medicine last visit. I seem to tolerate the medicine very well so they felt good doing it. I will have five more sessions of chemotherapy. I have one more dose of the current medicine and then they will switch the medicines so that the cancer does not get use to chemotherapy. I seem to have my worst day on Sunday and then it begins to get better. I get better and stronger everyday and not just by a little bit. Tuesday I did full day at work (10 hours). It helped to have Mom there helping me so I could rest when I needed it (plus she is a great cook). I feel like I should be back to normal by the end of the week.

From 9/24:

I went in for my check up today. We talked about my protein indicator. Before I started treatments, this protein was at 182. Normal is 31. I am now down to 54. The other good news is that my blood is in good shape. I am within normal range for most everything. The only thing that dipped was that I was slightly anemic. The doctor wasn't even concerned since it was only slightly out of range and it was my third session of chemo. Today, I feel good. I'm not tired and have no pain. My hands itch, but that is all I am dealing with and that is easy.

I also have the class "Look Good Feel Better" which goes over make up for people battling cancer. Skin changes and becomes more sensitive. Plus my eyebrows need help :) One of the nurses in the clinic has offered to drive me since I can't drive at night. They are really nice there as you can tell. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment